A. Jane Berry-Eddings Scholarship in Communication Studies
About this Scholarship:
This scholarship was established by former Western Oregon University professor Dr. Dennis Eddings and his wife Ms. Jane Berry-Eddings ’75. Jane Berry-Eddings received her BA and MAT from OCE. She taught literature and speech, and served as Forensics Director at Sprague High School in Salem for more than 30 years. She established this scholarship to aid students who share her love of communications.
- Full time (12 credits or more per term)
- Major in communication studies
- GPA in major of 3.5 or higher
- Good academic standing
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a one page, single spaced essay about the importance of Communication Studies as a field of inquiry
- Submit a writing sample consisting of a paper submitted for a course preferably in major [with teacher comments acceptable]
- Submit names of three teacher references with phone numbers (no letters)
- Please list, with grades, all completed and current communication or speech courses.