Laurel Art Scholarship
About this Scholarship:
This is a renewable scholarship for incoming Art/Design majors. This scholarship is renewable for three additional years for incoming freshman and an additional year for incoming transfer students.
To be eligible:
- Candidates must have already been admitted to WOU and will be newly enrolling at WOU in Fall 2018
- College transfer students and high school seniors who will be graduating in spring of 2018 are eligible to apply. (Returning WOU students are not eligible for this recruitment scholarship)
Pre-registration deadline for Portfolio Day is March 1, 2018. Contact Laura Killip (firstname.lastname@example.org) 503-838-8340, in the Art department, to schedule your in-person portfolio review.
Guidelines for preparing your portfolio for the campus visit:
- Select seven to ten pieces of artwork that reflect the breadth of your creative work.
We prefer works created from direct observation or imagination rather than those copied from photos.
- Be prepared to talk about the assignments and decisions you made while creating the work.
- Remember to present 2-dimensional works as professionally as possible: in clear sleeves within a portfolio, mounted on illustration board, matted or protected with a cover sheet.
- Ceramics and sculptures require no special preparation.
- Large, unwieldy pieces or pieces that cannot be transported (e.g. wall murals, sold pieces) may be represented with high quality digital printouts, photos, or jpgs on a disk. Video, animation and related digital projects may also be presented.